NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mon Nov 16, 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:52 pm

2009’s Word of the Year

The New Oxford American Dictionary has declared “unfriend,” meaning “to remove someone as a ‘friend’ on a social-networking site such as Facebook,” as the word of the year. “It has both currency and potential longevity,” says Christine Lindberg, senior lexicographer for Oxford’s U.S. dictionary program. “Unfriend has real lex-appeal.” The word is unique because it assumes a verb sense of “friend” that has not been used since the 17th century.Read it at OUP Blog
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Rose
Rose

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Plastic Toxins 'Feminize' Boys

Real men drink their water straight from the faucet, perhaps? Scientists at the University of Rochester say that chemicals in plastic, called phthalates, have the ability to disrupt hormones and alter brain chemistry, causing boys to be less likely to play in a masculine way. The study found that boys exposed to two types of phthalates in the womb—DEHP and DBP—were less likely to play with cars, trains, and guns and were less likely to roughhouse. Certain phthalates, which are found in a wide variety of household items, including plastic furniture and packaging, are known to mimic estrogen, but for the first time, the study suggests that some phthalates also block testosterone.Read it at BBC
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:56 pm

CNN Gave Dobbs the Boot

It must feel good to be this unwanted: Lou Dobbs’ former employer, CNN, paid him an $8 million severance package for giving up his show. “They wanted him out,” a source tells the New York Post. Dobbs had a year and a half left on his $12 million contract. He will give his first post-CNN interview to Bill O’Reilly on Fox News on Monday night.Read it at New York Post
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:56 pm

$8 million severance? CNN can fire me anyday.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Rose wrote:

2009’s Word of the Year

The New Oxford American Dictionary has declared “unfriend,” meaning “to remove someone as a ‘friend’ on a social-networking site such as Facebook,” as the word of the year. “It has both currency and potential longevity,” says Christine Lindberg, senior lexicographer for Oxford’s U.S. dictionary program. “Unfriend has real lex-appeal.” The word is unique because it assumes a verb sense of “friend” that has not been used since the 17th century.
Read it at OUP Blog
At first I thought that was "unifriend", which has all kinds of connotations. Perhaps that should be a word too....for example, instead of "boyfriend" or "girlfriend", you could just call "it" a unifriend, much like unisex is used. That way, whatever your persuasion may be, no one would know. Kinda like the "don't ask, don't tell" for gays in the military. This could also be extended to uniwife or unihusband.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Rose wrote:

Real men drink their water straight from the faucet, perhaps? Scientists at the University of Rochester say that chemicals in plastic, called phthalates, have the ability to disrupt hormones and alter brain chemistry, causing boys to be less likely to play in a masculine way. The study found that boys exposed to two types of phthalates in the womb—DEHP and DBP—were less likely to play with cars, trains, and guns and were less likely to roughhouse. Certain phthalates, which are found in a wide variety of household items, including plastic furniture and packaging, are known to mimic estrogen, but for the first time, the study suggests that some phthalates also block testosterone.
Read it at BBC
I always thought that drinking bottled water looked kinda gay. I drink my water from a creek or ditch. Knees bent, cupped hand reaching in the water, bringing it up to your mouth, horse pissing behind me running into said stream or ditch......I ask you, what could be more macho?
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 pm

That brings up a point I've pondered - gays in the military. Now, I'm all for gays serving but it does bring up a few logistical questions. Housing, for instance. We wouldn't house women and men together (at least, I don't think we would outside of emergency situations). Housing all the gays together doesn't seem to be a good solution nor does giving them all private dwellings (unless everyone has them).

Mayhap unihousing is the only answer.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Rose wrote:

CNN Gave Dobbs the Boot

It must feel good to be this unwanted: Lou Dobbs’ former employer, CNN, paid him an $8 million severance package for giving up his show. “They wanted him out,” a source tells the New York Post. Dobbs had a year and a half left on his $12 million contract. He will give his first post-CNN interview to Bill O’Reilly on Fox News on Monday night.
Read it at New York Post
Damn, Dobbs got screwed.....They paid Billy Gillispie (UK basketball coach) that much to get the hell outta town.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:45 pm

baldar77 wrote:
Rose wrote:

Real men drink their water straight from the faucet, perhaps? Scientists at the University of Rochester say that chemicals in plastic, called phthalates, have the ability to disrupt hormones and alter brain chemistry, causing boys to be less likely to play in a masculine way. The study found that boys exposed to two types of phthalates in the womb—DEHP and DBP—were less likely to play with cars, trains, and guns and were less likely to roughhouse. Certain phthalates, which are found in a wide variety of household items, including plastic furniture and packaging, are known to mimic estrogen, but for the first time, the study suggests that some phthalates also block testosterone.
Read it at BBC
I always thought that drinking bottled water looked kinda gay. I drink my water from a creek or ditch. Knees bent, cupped hand reaching in the water, bringing it up to your mouth, horse pissing behind me running into said stream or ditch......I ask you, what could be more macho?

Sounds like boys really are made of snips, and snails and puppy dog tails.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Rose wrote:
That brings up a point I've pondered - gays in the military. Now, I'm all for gays serving but it does bring up a few logistical questions. Housing, for instance. We wouldn't house women and men together (at least, I don't think we would outside of emergency situations). Housing all the gays together doesn't seem to be a good solution nor does giving them all private dwellings (unless everyone has them).

Mayhap unihousing is the only answer.
Well, usually, after basic training, you live in a dorm situation, where you have your own room.....or at least one where there's only a "roomie". Barracks are way outta style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mon Nov 16, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mon Nov 16, 2009
Page 1 of 1