NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thur 1-1-09

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Thur 1-1-09 Empty
PostSubject: Thur 1-1-09   Thur 1-1-09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Happy New Year.

I'm going to give an update on the master bath remodel so if you are easily bored, stop reading immediately.

I finished sealing the grout on the shower and floor today. All the trim is painted (shell white) but the door needs one more coat - but it's hung with new hinges. We picked 'totally tan' for the walls which are done with a second coat except for one space behind the door Rob did not notice until he'd cleaned the brushes/roller for the day. Looking at it the two coats of 'totally tan' reminds me of people who get spray on tans and look a bit orange. It's not orange but has a kind of pumpkin tint tho it did get darker with the second coat.

The new cabinets have been installed but no door, drawers or crown molding yet - Rob wanted to wait until we'd painted. The new solid surface counter top is installed. New sink and shower fixtures (a shower leak started this whole business remember) are installed but Rob hasn't finished the plumbing so the water's not on. The new toilet is sitting upside down in my bedroom (where's it been for weeks) waiting to be hooked up now that the painting and tile is finished.

We got a new shower curtain rod that's curved like in the hotels but since the tile now goes to the ceiling in the shower Rob's got to drill thru it, just one more thing on the list. Rob added a new light over the shower and we are changing from 2 lights hanging from the ceiling over the counter to one wall mounted fixture that we've got but it's not installed. Rob did all the electrical rewiring work, too.

Geesh, Rob needs to get to work already. His vacation is almost over.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Thur 1-1-09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thur 1-1-09   Thur 1-1-09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:51 pm

I feel strangely akin to Rob.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Thur 1-1-09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thur 1-1-09   Thur 1-1-09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:56 pm

But, it sounds like you guys have gotten a lot done. Wish I had that kind of energy and motion, but my ass has just been sitting all day. I had a rough night last night, playing poker at my niece's house, and drinking a little (comparitively speaking). At midnight, the tradition is to go out in the backyard, and have a silly string shootout. There were about 20 of us, with 3 or 4 cans apiece. I had that crap in my ears, down my back, and after a while, it starts itching. But it was fun.......except for my hangover.
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Thur 1-1-09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thur 1-1-09   Thur 1-1-09 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:11 pm

That sounds like fun (except the hangover part). We don't have a NYE tradition. I didn't even stay up to ring 2009 in, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Sponsored content

Thur 1-1-09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thur 1-1-09   Thur 1-1-09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thur 1-1-09
Page 1 of 1