NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHRISTMAS DAY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 9:40 am

I'm up early, waiting for everyone else to get up. It's funny how Christmas mornings change when your kids get older. I can remember past times when the girls would be up at the crack of dawn, giggling with anticipation and having orders not to wake us before 9 - since we knew we'd be up all night getting everything wrapped or stuffed in the stockings. Last year we had to practically drag daughter 1 out of bed to get started at 9.

Some things, on the other hand, don't change. I know that once all the presents under the tree are unwrapped, the girls will eagerly go for the stockings. There's never anything expensive in them, but I try to put a variety of odd and interesting little doo-dads in there - and they get such a kick out of seeing what's there.

After the unwrapping of the gifts, it's Christmas morning brunch time, a tradition I started many years ago and which replaces any other kind of Christmas dinner. I make everyone their own omelet to their specs, and we have bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and toast.

Then it's an afternoon of nothing that has to be done... which is my Christmas gift. blue grin
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:51 pm

Both my girls were up before 7 and went downstairs to peek at their stuff. They didn't disturb anything (but us, lol) and came back up and went back to bed.

We didn't get started for real until about 9. Now all the gifts are opened and I'm in the middle of cooking. We played a few games of Katie's new Uno Attack game. Deanna's playing her GH3. I have some new PC games I'm looking forward to playing. Rob and I finished the Christmas puzzle last night watching the 1st Lotr movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:25 pm

Waiting for the kids and their bf/gf to get here around two to eat and open presents, although for the most part they already have them. Got a stove for my son and his girl.....a new sewing machine for my daughter.....plus various other sundried items that are currently wrapped.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:32 pm

It's first emply nest Christmas, isn't it? At least they haven't moved across the country and you are all able to still get together. I'm sure there's a damper on things this year but it's good to celebrate being with each other while you can. You never know what next Christmas will bring.
Back to top Go down
PatDaddy77
Artiste Extraordinaire
PatDaddy77

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:10 pm

we have no plans, no food, no present, no holiday cheer in any form. I wish this week would just hurry up and end.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:32 pm

I'm sorry, PD.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:39 pm

I hope things get better.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:41 pm

As usual, my son is running late. I gotta go nibble on something....I'm hungry.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:35 pm

So.... what did you all get for Christmas?

I got all the predictable stuff (for me)... books, pajamas, a sweater, earrings, flavored coffee, Fannie Mae melt-a-way mints and a couple of things I wasn't expecting - a soup cookbook and a thing for my lap that my computer can sit on. Hopefully the discoloration on my left leg from the heat of my laptop will go away now.
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
PatDaddy77
Artiste Extraordinaire
PatDaddy77

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 10:55 pm

here's what I got today:
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 11:38 pm

I got 3 PC games: Double Murder Mystery Pack Agatha Christie and Mystery Case Files: RavenHearst. My m-i-l gave me a ginormous skillet that I can hopefully return. I got some socks and a room plug-in thing from Bath & Body Works and a sweatshirt. My parents gave money as per usual. Our big gift to us all is the Disney trip next week.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 11:47 pm

I just read an escaped tiger killed a visitor at the San Francisco zoo.

Blimey.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 11:54 pm

I got a security monitoring system from my son and his g/f for the little juvenile delinquents that have gotten into my cars three times the past month. I don't lock my cars.....I'd rather for them to open the door rather than break the window, and I don't keep anything of value in them. But I will catch the little bastards, and I hope their parents have a lot of money to reimburse the more than twenty neighbors in the subdivision who's cars they've gotten into and stolen shit from. My daughter gave me a new battery operated drill and screwdriver set, to replace the ones I wore out while renovating her house. I hope she isn't planning on me to have to use them very soon.
Back to top Go down
PatDaddy77
Artiste Extraordinaire
PatDaddy77

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:14 am

I got a snickers ice cream bar. CHRISTMAS DAY Thtonguitstekensmilie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CHRISTMAS DAY Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTMAS DAY   CHRISTMAS DAY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHRISTMAS DAY
Page 1 of 1