NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

Sunday, May 2, 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, May 2, 2010   Sunday, May 2, 2010 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:14 am

Nothing new with me, but I didn't want more than a week to go by without something here -- even if it is nothing.

Here's a not new post... some earrings I made earlier this morning. Not exciting, but it's the only thing I did differently in the last week.

Sunday, May 2, 2010 Dkbl1

Sunday, May 2, 2010 Dkbl2
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Sunday, May 2, 2010   Sunday, May 2, 2010 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:19 pm

I like them! Beautiful color, too.

I went to a jewelry making party once and finished a pair of earrings. I enjoyed it but the kits from the party (some bead thing that's out of business now) were so expensive I didn't order any more.

I did find a set of the 3 tools I learned to use at the party at Michaels (a craft store here, not sure if they are all over) for a fraction of the price. I figured I could at least repair some of the stuff I own. Only I can't find them and my ankle bracelet has been broken over a year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Sunday, May 2, 2010   Sunday, May 2, 2010 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks, I bought a pair in a peach color because the denim colored ones were sold out. I'm fairly happy with the result for a first try, but I've failed to make the top wire wrap uniform.

I bought a 4-in-1 tool that got some fairly good reviews online. I think they were about $8. The range of prices on tools was about $5 - $70. Of course, if I was making fine jewelry the tool would be much more critical. Since I'm just trying this out and using non-precious metal, I think it'll work fine. Now if I can just learn to use it properly...

We do have Michaels around here, and I meant to go there yesterday, but Hobby Lobby was on the way and I got sidetracked. I had to get some findings because I still don't have what I ordered online.

I'm also waiting on some guitar picks which I'm going to make into earrings. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to put those together yet, but I'll come up with something.
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday, May 2, 2010   Sunday, May 2, 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday, May 2, 2010
Page 1 of 1