NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving   Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 8:34 am

1. What's your favorite way to spend Thanksgiving?

2. How have Thanksgivings changed since you were a kid?

3. Does your family have a non-traditional tradition for the day?

4. It's all about the food - what you like, what you hate.

5. What are you doing this year for Thanksgiving?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving   Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 1:20 pm

I've spent every Thanksgiving except two, when I was living in Houston, at my parent's or sister's house. I don't have anything to compare that to, so I guess it's my favorite. lol

My grandparents always came to our house for Thanksgiving, and since 3 of them had November birthdays, as do my brother and I, it was almost like Christmas. My baby sister even got presents so she wouldn't feel left out. Now it's just the dinner with not much of a birthday celebration.

We used to have a tradition of birthday cake for dessert rather than pumpkin pie.

If I could only have stuffing, I would be happy, but when you add the gravy and turkey (yes, in that order), I'm very happy. The gravy should not have giblets in it... that is the only thing on my hate list, unless there were sweet potatoes, which we never have.

I'm making 2 crockpots full of cheesy cauliflower and heading to my sister's without the old man since he doesn't like my parents anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving   Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Not at my house. I wanted to try going away this year to Disney and not have to deal with ANY family (except my immediate) but we didn't make reservations in time.

As a kid we always had it at my paternal grandparents who lived in the same town. It started early, my dad was off hunting before sunrise and he'd be wearing his camo when he came to eat. (Unlike bbmom's guys he didn't go back out but joined my granddad in front of the tv). The 'women folk' were up early cooking and polishing the silver and then after did all the clean up. My family is so sexist! Mad My granddad sat in front of the tv the whole day. We'd eat in the formal dining room and besides Christmas it was the only time grace was said (by Pop) at mealtime.

Now we switch back and forth between my family and Rob's. When it's my family's turn we switch having it here or my sister's. When it's his family we travel to MS - where we're going this year. (Btw, someone else will have to do the FF next week).

Nope.

Like the cornbread dressing, hate the cranberry sauce. I like pumpkin pie but no one ever makes it anymore.

Off to the MS coast where we'll prolly be wearing shorts - very UnThanksgiving like if you ask me. The kids have young cousins to hang with, tho, so they'll be happy. And we can take the dog instead of boarding him. I'm thinking about hitting the after t-day sales on Friday just to get out of the house. Best of all I don't have to cook a thing (and everyone is thankful for that, lol).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving   Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday Five 111607 - Thanksgiving
Page 1 of 1