NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Father's Day Sunday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Happy Father's Day Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 1:24 pm

to Baldar and any other fathers that stumble by here.

Reno 911 is a funny show.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:45 pm

For me, it's father's day any time the kids visit.....this weekend we watched Dewey and Dinah (dogs) for my son Michael and his fiancee, Cherith. They just got back from the concert in Lexington they went to over the weekend, and now all is quiet again. Angela, my daughter, came by just as they were leaving, and now she's out with mom at the garden center helping her get mulch for the areas in the yard that need remulching. Dad doesn't do mulch.....or basically any other kind of yard work. I have stuffed my face with the cake my daughter made for me, and once again acted in a very undietlike way. I guess that's why I'm back up to 188 lbs again. But chocolate cake..mmmmmmmmmmm....it was like putting an 8 ball in front of a coke addict.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:41 pm

They shoulda gone to the Bonnaroo festival if they were looking for a concert. Chocolate cake, mmmmmmmm...
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:39 pm

I know my daughter will be going to Lollapalooza in Aug in Chicago. She's been about three times. And I believe, if this out-of-date brain remembers correctly, that they both have been to Bonaroo at one time or another........and, I just had another piece of chocolate cake.....right after waking up from my nap.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:43 pm

well.....iit looks like the computer models have Barack Obama winning in a landslide this November. Even tho the polls show basically a dead heat right now, the CM's say that Mccain barely stands a chance. Wow.....a far left prez with a definitely left leaning congress.....should be an interesting four years.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:02 pm

I can't get worked up about concerts anymore. The ticket prices are just outrageous and it's impossible to get good seats they sell out so fast. For the same money I can get a handful of CDs or rent a DVD of most artists in concert and watch it on the big screen. Not that I do, but Rob watches a lot of concerts on some cable channel.

Geesh, I'm old.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 5:05 pm

November's a long way off and anything can happen. I think McCain could have pulled it off if he was the candidate he was in 2000. But then I guess he'd never have gotten the Rep nomination. If he continues to embrace Bush, the war, and more tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations he will lose, and deservedly so.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:36 pm

As bad as people think it is now, if Obama wins, it will get much worse, imo. Like it or not, investment will fall dramatically into US corporations, sending the economy into more of a tailspin. Our enemies will judge us as weakened in our resolve to fight terrorism, and will resume their attacks. Our allies, what few we have, will no longer trust our word, and will balk at anything we suggest. As bad as energy prices are now.....they'll get worse.....since there will be no American initiative to increase oil supplies by domestic drilling. It'll be a shitty 4 years, and in 2012, the democrats will lose the house, the senate, and the presidency. And as Republican as I am, this will be a terrible thing for the country. When one party has too much power, it throws everything out of balance.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:10 am

I disagree with most of what you just said but who knows what will happen. I guess we will see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday   Happy Father's Day Sunday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Father's Day Sunday
Page 1 of 1