NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thursday, I Don't Care About You

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Thursday, I Don't Care About You Empty
PostSubject: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:13 pm

It's (almost) Friday, I'm in love.

Is it me or is the world dull lately? It's early for the lazy, hazy days of summer, it's only in the low 90s. We'll all be comatose by August at this rate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:16 pm

Not if you just had a new heat pump/A/C unit put in. I got it crankin'......fuck global warming! I'll keep it cold enough in here to make my nipples stick out.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Ours is 15 years old and sounding a bit....sickish. But it's still cooling and it was already checked out for the summer.

It's only for the 1st and 2nd floors, tho and we have a full basement so we have a window unit that goes in the basement window for the summer months. Only now the new window requires some kind of brace for the monstrously heavy thing so it doesn't get crapped up and Rob hasn't built it yet.

Maybe when we are forced to get a new unit we'll get the basement added to the system. $$$$ ugh
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:27 pm

Our basement always stays cool.....I guess because it's underground. I have all the vents closed down there, so I can get ALL the cooling air from the A/C. To hell with the mouse that's down there.......let him suffer.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Ours is a daylight basement with the door and window wall facing South. The heat down there doesn't compare to the rest of the house but it's already warm enough to wish the window unit were in.

Tho today I was comfortable enough on the patio under the ceiling fan to read Billy Crystal's 700 Sundays in one sitting.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:42 pm

I know you don't like Ann Coulter.....but please, please read her column this week. I think it's hilarious. Just go to the front page on the website.....it's on the front page.....www.anncoulter.com
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Meh. She can afford to give Hillary backhanded "support" now and this looks to be nothing more than an excuse to bash liberals, Democrats and...Obambi?/B. Hussein Obama. Rolling Eyes

She switches casting the villain from liberals (Words mean nothing to liberals.) to the media ( And yet every time Hillary breathes a word about her victory in the popular vote, TV hosts respond with sneering contempt at her gaucherie for even mentioning it.) and then back again (After nearly eight years of having to listen to liberals crow that Bush was "selected, not elected," this is a shocking about-face.) Oh, wait...all of media, TV and Hollywood is liberal. Paranoid much?

Sorry, but I can find no humor in anything she says.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:00 pm

This I thought was funny, Stephen Colbert's take on the war on terror

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/05/colberts-w%c3%b8rd-unhealthy-competition/

George Will was the guest on the show last night and I always enjoy him. He makes conservatism look good, lol, wish I had that clip.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:55 pm

You mean you didn't think the line "Hillary is more of a man than Gore ever was?" was funny? I almost fell off my chair!
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:01 pm

He is kinda funny......in a sophomoric, slapstick kinda way.....much better than that little slimeball bill maher, who doesn't even make a pretense of wit....just spew out Buch/Cheney/conservative/republican venom, and wait for his applause. Geez.....this country has really polarized over the last 20 years.....especially in the last two. Think we should just divide it in two and make forced relocations?
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:31 am

What territory would us liberals get - just California and New York City? You couldn't pay me live in either of those places. *shudders*

Which is kinda funny because all through my teen years my one and only dream was to move to California. I was always 'in love' with one teen heartthrob or another and they ALL were in Hollywood, lol.

Colbert has really grown on me. Initially I was turned off the by idea of a Bill O'Reilly like show with an over-the-top faux conservative outraged host....I don't watch O'Reilly why would I watch that.

Colbert can be silly but also dry, and tongue-in-cheek. Bottom line: Colbert is funny, smart funny. Nay sayers can point out the show has a lot of writers but Colbert averages two guests per show and in interviews he is at the top of his game all while staying in character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, I Don't Care About You   Thursday, I Don't Care About You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thursday, I Don't Care About You
Page 1 of 1