NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lordy, lordy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:43 pm

It's just me and the Yahoo! bot here all day.

What's the last movie you saw and what did you think of it?

I watched the DVD of "On A Clear Day", a Scottish movie. It's a sweet little movie and I enjoyed it but nothing to go gaga over.

I have Juno next in my queue since I never got around to seeing it in the theater.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:48 pm

I'm on vacation this week.....I was forced, under much and many threats, to put a laminate floor down on the kitchen. It is almost complete, except for replacing the quarterround that I royally tore to pieces, and transition plates from the carpeting to the laminate. It feels like I've been racked and quartered. Every muscle, bone, joint, sinew, ligament, tendon, gland, organ, tooth, hair, nail, freckle, mole, pore, and tight muscular thigh and buttock aches. I did, however, get a break in the action, when I got to go over and replace the battery and ignition switch in my daughter's riding mower.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:04 pm

On a happier note. my daughter does seem to be getting better. After two months of pure hell, both for her and my wife and I, she seems to be getting better. Her thyroid levels are close to normal, she's feeling better physically, and her anxiety attacks have seemed to diminish in number and intensity. She's still off work, but hopefully she'll be going back in a couple of weeks. Her biggest concern right now is the "foggyheadedness' that she has been enveloped in for the past 2 months. She says it doesn't seem to be as bad as it was, or last as long when it happens. The docs (two obgyn's, her primary care physician, one neurologist and one endocrinoligist) still cannot pinpoint the cause. All of them say the YAZ she was on could have been the culprit, but we'll never know at this point.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:53 pm

I'm glad to hear she's better. I only lasted on the Yaz for 2 weeks. It was prolly all in my mind because I'm still tired (lazy) and hungry (no will power) all the time but it seemed more intense during those 2 weeks.

Spring is perking me up, tho. I'm ready to come out of hibernation and start moving around again. Maybe it will lift your daughter's spirits, too.

Your vacations suck, baldar.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:36 am

No fucking shit! Well, at least I'm going to "the boat" tomorrow....gamble a little, drink a little, flirt a little....everything in moderation, I always say.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw
Full Throttle
Outlaw

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:57 am

Fuck it.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:02 pm

In moderation?
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Yes.......moderation. As you can see, I qualified all those activities with the word "little" prefacing them.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm

well.....they weren't pefaced....but postfaced.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm

is postfaced a word?
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:28 pm

If not.....I want the copyright for inventing it, with full credit given and any pursuant royalties from licensing agreements.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:30 pm

aaaahh....screw it. It's just more paperwork I'd have to do. I hereby give full permission to anyone, anywhere to use my new word of "postfaced" any time they want, as long as they don't use it with the word "shitfaced".
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:34 pm

By the way, the word "shitfaced" was initially used back in pre-revolutionary war times as farmers, not having a fucking thing to do to entertain them at night, would get drunk off their moonshine and homemade beer. As they walked outside in the dark to the outhouse, staggering and weaving, they would sometimes fall down or pass out. Of course, their livestock was nearby, and as we all know, livestock do their business wherever they want.....even in the farmer's yard. So sometimes, when the farmer would fall down or pass out, it invariably happened that they would fall into the byproduct of those various animals.....sometimes face first.....thus the condition of really really drunk was eventually coined as being "shitfaced".
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Where did "shitload" come from?
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:41 pm

That word goes way back to the era of King Henry the VI, when in a huge battle with the French forces, the English forces were made to retreat. Using stealth as their main weapon so as not to be detected during their escape, the King required all of his men to relieve themselves in wagons used specifically for that purpose, so as to leave no trail that the French could follow. During the 60 mile retreat back to the French coast....and their waiting fleet of ships to hasten their escape.....one of the drivers of a shitcart asked his general what to do with the now overburdened conveyance, way too heavy and noxious in fumes to take aboard the ship. The General commanded the shitcart driver to dump his shitload on the beach, for a parting gift to the French. Of course, all the other drivers of shitcarts followed suit, and by the time they had all dumped their shitload, there was a small mountain of steaming shit lying on the beach. And thus, it was forever to be said that when there was an excess of anything.....it was a "shitload".
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:44 pm

lol

Those English soldiers were full of shit. I suspect someone else might be as well.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:45 pm

Quite possible.....or so I've been told!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lordy, lordy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lordy, lordy   Lordy, lordy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lordy, lordy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: The Daily Blaaaaaaaaaaahg-
Jump to: