NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sun 051709

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Sun 051709 Empty
PostSubject: Sun 051709   Sun 051709 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:35 am

It's early for a Sunday but I went to bed early. Rob comes home today from a guys fishing trip in AL. It rained on them the whole time which in itself is not unusual for one of Rob's fishing trips (that or blizzard) but this time they hired a guide for 6 hours complete with boat. They didn't catch a single fish. Ha ha ha. Still, I hope he had a good time despite the results.

It's rained here off and on, too, but it hasn't done much to cool it off. This is about the 3rd week we've had the windows open instead of running the air - something we never did with the old windows. It's been nice and this week the privet hedges have made the fresh air satisfyingly fragrant but the temps are creeping up even with the rain. I think we're getting a brief "cold" front moving thru after the rain and then I expect it will be windows closed tight until the fall.

We'll have to get back on the car hunt trail before long. Deanna can't drive a manual trans and doesn't want to learn, she's not allowed to drive the company car and she's afraid of driving the big pickup (I hate driving it, too.) We looked at Carmax when we had the van appraised and we've checked all the dealer's selections but all their used cars are high end - newer year models with low miles and high prices. We're going to have to check out the dinky lots which I hope don't deserve the stereotype I have in my mind - smarmy salesmen trying to push lemons on unsuspecting rubes.

Tomorrow starts the last week of school for the girls. I have a love/hate relationship with change of any kind. I can't help wondering if this will be Deanna's last summer living at home. Not that she seems to be in any hurry to leave. Me, I was out the door and off to summer school at college when I was 17 and never looked back. Not so much because I wanted to get away from something - more that I couldn't wait to get to something else, whatever it might be. I had big dreams and lofty ambitions. I want Deanna to have them, too.

Whew, it's like someone uncorked me! And I spewed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Sun 051709 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun 051709   Sun 051709 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:01 pm

I've always found it easier to put words into writing than verbally. For some reason, there is safety in the written word.....and you can proofread it and take back some of the things you didn't mean, or shouldn't have said. My suggestion, if you want it, for Deanna's car is something you and Rob are willing to have tore up the first year....that, and something heavy and protective. Tanks are out of the question, I guess, but I would definitely go for the personal safety angle.
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Sun 051709 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun 051709   Sun 051709 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Yes, our thoughts exactly. Tanks are so out - if she could drive one we could have just given her the van. I feel sure she will get more comfortable driving a normal sized car. As much I enjoyed being up high for visability in the van I am enjoying just as much the feel of how a small car hugs the road and responds better. I expect her driving will improve because of the same.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Sponsored content

Sun 051709 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun 051709   Sun 051709 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sun 051709
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: The Daily Blaaaaaaaaaaahg-
Jump to: