NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sat 2-28-09

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Sat 2-28-09 Empty
PostSubject: Sat 2-28-09   Sat 2-28-09 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:31 am

Last day of February 2009. And it's raining.

I am sore all over today. Those new pills are giving me bonus energy and I doubled my time on the wii fit yesterday. I added new exercises and added reps to some I was already doing. Now I have to go do weights. Maybe that will work out some of the kinks, tho.

We're painting a bedroom this weekend. The teddy bear and heart wallpaper is gone and we've got miles and miles of pepto bismal pink wood trim to turn to shell white.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Rose
Rose

Sat 2-28-09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat 2-28-09   Sat 2-28-09 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm kinda of excited about spring break so I'm going to prattle on about it for a minute. We wanted to do something with my parents who live in northern MS. It needed to be low key, low cost and not too much travel. At first I picked Arkansas just because we'd never been but the more I looked for where to go and what to do the more of a hassel it seemed - too much driving with very little to do.

Then we considered just staying in Atlanta - there's more here to do than anywhere else in the South unless you go to the beach and that was too far. My parents aren't really beach people anyway. My mom was actually relieved when I asked her about the idea and didn't mind that they would have to do all of the long distance traveling (it's about a 5 hour drive).

So....I've got tickets to the High Museum where they currently have The First Emperor exhibit with China's terracotta army. For another day I've got tickets for the CNN tour - we've had friends do this but have never been ourselves. We'll do that late morning, have lunch and then go to the World of Coca Cola. On Good Friday my sister is going to join us for a trip to the new(ish) Aquarium.

We'll end up eating lunch out most days and one of them I want to go to the Westin in downtown Atlanta and dine at the Sun Dial restaurant which is glass walled and revolves 360 degrees 73 stories up. It's another Atlanta landmark I've never been to.

So, no lodging fees, sleeping in my own bed, no kennel for the dog and Rob can work from home some.

I just can't help wondering what monkey wrench will be thrown into the works to screw it all up - someone will get sick or hurt, a freak natural disaster, a fire in one of the venues we hope to visit, a car will break down...etc. I guess as always it will be some totally unexpected surprise!
Back to top Go down
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Sat 2-28-09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat 2-28-09   Sat 2-28-09 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:52 pm

Travel plans, just like life, sometimes goes awry. If you really want a lowcost vacation....or just a two or three day trip....consider Louisville in mid-April, when the Ky Derby festival kicks off. It opens with the biggest airshow and fireworks display in the nation, and just gets better from there. It's called Thunder over Louisville, and even my jaded self knows it is an awesome show. The kids would LOVE it. It's held on the downtown Ohio River bank, and across the river in Indiana. It's an all day thing, starting around noon, and it's culmination is around 9pm, with about 10 million dollars worth of fireworks being shot off. It's free, for the million or so people who line the riverbank. Rob prob has corporate contacts....if so, they could get him into one of the highrise buildings to view from a very nice vantage point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder_Over_Louisville
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

Sat 2-28-09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat 2-28-09   Sat 2-28-09 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:47 am

I'll have to keep that in mind for next year.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Sat 2-28-09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat 2-28-09   Sat 2-28-09 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:12 pm

NEXT YEAR? That's assuming we still have a Derby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sat 2-28-09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sat 2-28-09   Sat 2-28-09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sat 2-28-09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: The Daily Blaaaaaaaaaaahg-
Jump to: