NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

12-21-08.......winter solstice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

12-21-08.......winter solstice Empty
PostSubject: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:46 pm

The shortest day of the year, and officially the first day of winter. After today, the sun starts it's long journey back toward the Northern hemisphere. Well, actually the sun doesn't, the earth does, being that it has a tilted axis, which causes the changes in the seasons. This is also the day that the Mayan Calendar ends, four years from now, in 2012, which some say will be the actual end of the world.....at least as we know it. Religious prophesies notwithstanding, it looks like those Mayans may have been on to something, the way were going right now.

Today is also the day we go to my sister-in-laws to celebrate Christmas. Hopefully, it won't go like last years did, in which my wifes brother suffered a stroke, and died the next day. My son and his girl friend have already taken a pass.....it seems they both have intestinal upsets.....ya know, the diarrhea and puking kind.....and won't be there. I told 'em....yep, I warned 'em....get a flu shot!.....but 'ol dad don't know nothin'....they won't get the flu....and I am probably the worst about preventive illness in the world. I only go to the doc when absolutely necessary (albeit, I think I might die if I don't), but a flu shot is one thing I do every year, and I guess it works, cause I ain't had the crap since I've been getting the shots.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you guys in on a little of my boring life, and wish all a happy winter solstice day.
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:30 pm

I wasn't bored at all by that lovely post. I was beginning to think giving you forum people a holiday, family, gatherings, parties and whatnot had made you forget all about our own little gatherings. I enjoy hearing about the real life stuff - makes me feel like I share a bit in it, too.

We started something new this year. Since we are traveling over the holiday (which we haven't done since the kids and Santa duty came along) we decided the girls needed to open most of their gifts before we left so we wouldn't have to take them. We've always let them open one on Christmas Eve which is what my family used to do. That gift was always special partly because it was first and the anticipation was palpable but also (I think) because a single gift is appreciated more alone. On Christmas morning the girls get so much they hardly know what they've gotten in the melee of opening.

But we made the condition that in order to open one we had to have a family viewing of some Christmas show/movie. We never eat together as a family - we all eat different things at different times - so this has generated a family togetherness we've been lacking. Now my little one, Katie, tolerates the viewing to get to the gift but Deanna told me today that it's the viewing she looks forward to - and insisted we must watch her pick of "Elf" tonight. Rob said he enjoyed it so much he wanted to keep doing this for future Christmases. So looks like we have a new tradition.

For me, the shopping is finished, the decorating all done, and the mail is sent so the stress is gone. We still have the packing to do but that has to wait so for now everyone is just enjoying being together. Rob and the girls made cookies, the girls and I finished a Christmas jigsaw puzzle, and I have some Christmas crafts we're piddling with.

But I enjoy you guys too much not to come by and 'spend some time with you', lol. Happy Winter Solstice to all of you, too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:00 pm

I love hearing about what you guys are doing.

Last night we had our family get together at my parent's, and it was a nice time even with all those rugrats - lol. That's the end of my stressful duties. Everything is done except wrapping presents and that isn't all that stressful. Now maybe I can get down to some holiday enjoyment. Smile

Happy Winter Solstice!
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Oh and...

rendeer santa snowflake tree mistletoe
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Also...

Quantcast
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:04 pm

THAT was divine! Beautiful as always. For someone whose speaking voice is low and sultry sexy you sing like an angel - clear, ringing and beautiful. tree
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:44 pm

I can see Bam selling a Xmas CD here pretty soon.......
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:28 pm

And.....I don't want a break........
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:43 pm

embarrassed content Thank you. I almost didn't do one this year. It was kinda spur of the moment. I'm glad it came out ok.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 11:56 pm

One of my favorite Christmas carols, sung by the loveable drunk Foster Brooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZGhJih5qI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12-21-08.......winter solstice   12-21-08.......winter solstice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12-21-08.......winter solstice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: The Daily Blaaaaaaaaaaahg-
Jump to: