NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To Drink Or Not To Drink?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

To Drink Or Not To Drink? Empty
PostSubject: To Drink Or Not To Drink?   To Drink Or Not To Drink? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:57 am

The Pros & Cons of Coffee Based on Scientific Evidence

To Drink Or Not To Drink? Coffee3zu5

"Do you like coffee? I do, it’s taste and aroma make my mornings so much better!

However, coffee is not usually considered as a healthy food. It has a long history of being blamed for many ills. But some recent research indicates that coffee may not be so bad after all. So which is it - good or bad for your health?

I decided to do my own little research and noted 10 benefits and 11 potential health risks of coffee drinking. Here is what I have found:"

http://www.healthassist.net/blog/general/pros-and-cons-of-coffee/

Basically, it says that coffee is full of antioxidants, is good for work performance and may offer some protection against diabetes, Parkinson's disease, liver cirrhosis, gall stones, kidney stones, gout, asthsma, and Alzheimer's disease.

On the other hand, it may adversely affect heart disease, cholesterol levels, arteries, heart rhythym, blood pressure, osteoporosis, sleep, nervousness and anxiety, heartburn, dehydration, pregnancy and rheumatoid arthritis.

I guess that, as in most things, moderation is the key. I have so never been moderate in anything. lol
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: To Drink Or Not To Drink?   To Drink Or Not To Drink? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:41 am

I'm not a coffee drinker. Not that I've never had it or never drank it. My granny used to let me have it when I was a child with lots of milk and sugar. And that's the only way I ever liked it, lol. I drank it in college for the boost and to counteract the other drinking I was doing. Rob doesn't drink it either so we don't even have a coffee pot, much to the dismay of our parents when they visit.

It does smell fantastic, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: To Drink Or Not To Drink?   To Drink Or Not To Drink? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:29 pm

I've probably had no more than 5 cups of coffee in my entire life. I've always been a carbonated drinker, cold, with ice.We do own a coffee pot, but I don't know how to work it.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: To Drink Or Not To Drink?   To Drink Or Not To Drink? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:40 pm

I've probably had no more than 5 cups of coffee in the last hour. I have to buy a new coffee maker every couple of years. LOL
Back to top Go down
Zvon
'Barely' Here... *Eyebrows*
Zvon

PostSubject: Re: To Drink Or Not To Drink?   To Drink Or Not To Drink? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:49 pm

I go thru phases but always need some kind of hot caffeinated drink to start the day.
Coffee or tea, and my coffee phases tend to last a lot longer. I just love the taste.
The amount of sugar I dump into it probably counteracts any good it does my overall health tho.

The tea is more than likely better for me because I don't use as much sugar.
There's this Celestial Seasonings tea called Morning Thunder that has a kick on it like a mule.
I love the taste of it too.
I used to drink it primarily back in the 80's and I recently bought some.

So I may be heading towards a tea phase.
I'll keep you posted.

I read that coffee is very good for memory functions, especially in older females.
I know you'll think that's a joke Bammi but its really not.
I just read it recently somewhere.
I can't remember where..........
(that's not a joke either but its funny)
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: To Drink Or Not To Drink?   To Drink Or Not To Drink? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:02 am

Um... are you calling me "older"? getu

lol lol

I've never found a tea I like the taste of, so I avoid it. Maybe I just haven't tried the right one. I like coffee pretty well though, so I doubt that I'd switch over.
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: To Drink Or Not To Drink?   To Drink Or Not To Drink? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:55 am

I've been drinking a little hot tea lately just because of the blasted Artic cold. I use Equal for sweetener, which prolly isn't good for you either but at least no calories.

I want to try some flavored teas but I drink de-caf so don't know if I'll be able to find any. I used to make a spice tea with Tang and cloves. Hmmmm...I wonder if they make sugar-free Tang?

ETA: Just came back from shopping and I picked up several flavored decaf teas - I'm having blueberry atm. Yum. These just might be what I need to make it thru the holidays without feeling deprived of treats.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Drink Or Not To Drink?   To Drink Or Not To Drink? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: This 'n That 'n The Other-
Jump to: