NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday!! 11-7-08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Friday!! 11-7-08 Empty
PostSubject: Friday!! 11-7-08   Friday!! 11-7-08 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:37 am

Today is Katie's 11th birthday. Most of the time I think time is dragging and then I look up, take stock and it seems to have flown by.

Speaking of stocks this bottoming out has presented some great opportunities - if ONLY we could decide what looks profitable long term. Baldar, you play the market. Got any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Friday!! 11-7-08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday!! 11-7-08   Friday!! 11-7-08 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:56 am

I wouldn't listen to anything I recommend.....as of yesterday, my net worth has fallen 72,354 since July. However, if you want a good stock that has been beaten down, try either UPS or GE. They both pay a dividend, and unless the whole world economy tanks, they should be a very good investment over the next year.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

Friday!! 11-7-08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday!! 11-7-08   Friday!! 11-7-08 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:56 am

It's times like these when I'm glad that I'm a chicken-shit and have 75% of my 401K in guaranteed investments. I'll never have enough for retirement, but I won't lose the majority of the money I've set aside.

Happy Belated Birthday to Katie! Susan celebrated her 22nd birthday on Monday. Now I'm thinking that I remember Deanna and Janet share the same February birthday. And that you have a sister named Janet. (I have a sister named Katie.) Or maybe I'm crazy. (Or maybe I remember that all correctly and I'm still crazy.) twitch
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Friday!! 11-7-08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday!! 11-7-08   Friday!! 11-7-08 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:39 am

baldar77 wrote:
I wouldn't listen to anything I recommend.....as of yesterday, my net worth has fallen 72,354 since July. However, if you want a good stock that has been beaten down, try either UPS or GE. They both pay a dividend, and unless the whole world economy tanks, they should be a very good investment over the next year.

I've taken a hit on mine, too, but like bam I'm conservative on risk. And I expect a rebound before I'm ready to pull mine out of retirement.

I actually thought about UPS but Rob's concerned about how increasingly high fuel costs will hurt them but I'll check them and GE out. Thanks!

Bam wrote:
It's times like these when I'm glad that I'm a chicken-shit and have 75% of my 401K in guaranteed investments. I'll never have enough for retirement, but I won't lose the majority of the money I've set aside.

Happy Belated Birthday to Katie! Susan celebrated her 22nd birthday on Monday. Now I'm thinking that I remember Deanna and Janet share the same February birthday. And that you have a sister named Janet. (I have a sister named Katie.) Or maybe I'm crazy. (Or maybe I remember that all correctly and I'm still crazy.) twitch

You aren't crazy! Or maybe you are but your memory is great. wink1
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Sponsored content

Friday!! 11-7-08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friday!! 11-7-08   Friday!! 11-7-08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday!! 11-7-08
Page 1 of 1