NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy 4th of July, 2008!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Happy 4th of July, 2008! Empty
PostSubject: Happy 4th of July, 2008!   Happy 4th of July, 2008! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:31 am

Whatcha doin?

We're having some friends over to grill (hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken and smoked sausage) and then we're all going to the city square to see a fireworks show.

I'm making the baked beans and slaw and others are bringing crab dip, potato salad and strawberry shortcake. Plus chips and cookies and junk. I'm hungry!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July, 2008!   Happy 4th of July, 2008! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:19 pm

Me? I cleaned out the basement this morning. Replaced the light switch, and fixed the swinging door to the closet that got broken when my son moved out. Problem is, he only took what he wanted. The rest was still down there. Still is. Only now it's in the closet. My daughter and her boyfriend came over. we were all sitting in the family room talking, when my dogs went nuts. There was a brindel boxer on our back deck standing at the sliding glass door wanting in. I had seen it a few hours before several blocks over, trying to cross a main highway, and almost getting run over. My daughter, who is a huge dog lover, immediately went out to him. her boyfriend and her talked it over, decided to take it to the vet hospital to see if he was "chipped". He wasn't, so she's gonna keep it in her garage a few days and wait for the classified lost and found to kick in. As far as fireworks? We have our own show....courtesy of the neighbors. Several families get together each year, and buy 3 or 4 thousand dollars worth of the illegal kind, and set them off in the street, endangering everyone and driving every dog and cat in the neighborhood totally bonkers.
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July, 2008!   Happy 4th of July, 2008! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:49 pm

No rest for the weary, which you must be. But I bet your house is flawless with you constantly working on it.

That's sweet of your daughter but I have to say strange dogs rather frighten me particularly large ones. I don't think I would have been that brave. And Buddy would have had a conniption at another dog in the yard.

I passed on the firework trip tonight. I'm still not 100% from my "hangover" which I now suspect must have been a touch of food poisoning.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July, 2008!   Happy 4th of July, 2008! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:33 pm

It ain't flawless.....but it looks pretty good. If you ate at the bar, you just may have a touch of food poisoning. Bars are notorious for using "leftovers".....and sometimes they haven't been properly stored. My dogs are under the bed right now......the annual weekly fireworks show is peaking as I type. Glad you're almost over it tho.....it's miserable feeling miserable.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July, 2008!   Happy 4th of July, 2008! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:01 am

I did nothing notable for the 4th - not a thing - just like every other day. Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy 4th of July, 2008!   Happy 4th of July, 2008! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy 4th of July, 2008!
Page 1 of 1