NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thur 4-22-10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Thur 4-22-10 Empty
PostSubject: Thur 4-22-10   Thur 4-22-10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Greetings, Ladies and Gentlemen. I was busy today. Busy for me. I had purchased some gardening items included one of those upside down tomato planters along with a few small plants (and a tomato plant o'course). In dealing with potting these I rummaged around and found a few more small pots and decided to head to Pike nursery. I wanted lots of flowering plants and labored over which ones would be best in which pot but came away pleased with all the choices.

On my way home I was craving a Coke. I don't keep it in the house anymore because I am trying to quit the stuff but it was damned hot in the nursery and I am weak. I tried to do a drive thru but the line was 6 cars deep - a wait way too long for a hot and thirsty woman. So I stopped at this little corner grocery - it's right on the main drag but I never go there. It has a tomato stand in the corner of the parking lot that I went to years ago but the prices were so outrageous I never went back. I know my friends who live near me go there for cigarettes and beer. Since it was the last stop on my route home from the overcrowded drive thru I pulled in - the cold Coke was calling me.

I grabbed a drink and I won't deny that I fell to the temptation of a chocolate bar and stood in line behind an older gentleman who along with a hispanic laborer were scratching away at lottery tickets, both mumbling about not winning. So the old man, he steps up to the counter and says he guesses he'll take another one, just one more. I'm not opposed to the lottery in any way, in fact, I'd put a dollar or two in each week.....if I ever frequented places that sell them. And if the plethera of options and games wasn't so confusing as to scare me a little. I mean, one third of the counter was a plexiglass display of dozens of scratch off games plus there's all the pick your numbers kind. But somehow, without any knowledge of him or his situation, I felt a little sad for the old man and wondered how much money he spent playing the lottery.

Then I went home and drank my Coke with lunch while watching a Pushing Daisies episode. PeeWee Herman was in it! At first I didn't even recognise him with that big head of curly hair. Good show. Can't understand why I hang on to the DVDs for so long without watching.

After the chocolate bar dessert I returned to my pots and plants and watering can. I got a nice variety of colors and shapes so hopefully everything lives. Especially the upside down tomato - I only bought the one plant this year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

Thur 4-22-10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thur 4-22-10   Thur 4-22-10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Sounds like a lot of work. I enjoy flowers quite a bit, but not nearly enough to plant any.

My lilacs actually have quite a few blooms this year, so I decided to cut a bunch and take them to work. I never really get to enjoy them since they're on the side of the house. Well, I think they are one of the things I am allergic to. All day today my eyes and head hurt, and the tears wouldn't quit flowing. I guess not having them around is a bit more enjoyable for me - lol.

I've eaten virtually nothing but salads for 2 days and all I can say is, DAMN, I'M HUNGRY!!
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com

Thur 4-22-10
Page 1 of 1