NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Empty
PostSubject: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Rose wrote:
Yes.
Wow!!!!
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:25 pm

I guess that would explain the human condition of why Islamic women walk five paces behind their husband......subservience.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:36 pm

Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Bush_hand_holding

Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? President-bush-and-saudi-prince-abdullah2

Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Bush+and+Saudi+Prince+Abdullah2

Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Nixon-bowing
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:42 pm

The Potus is not Christ almighty, who himself was supposedly humble. There is nothing wrong with good manners, formal protocol and ceremonial tradition.

It's what the Prez, any Prez, does behind closed doors and the resulting policies that should concern folks.

I bet Glen Beck loves this story! lol
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:43 pm

I'm sure he does!!! Hell, I love this story.....it actually confirms what I already think of Obama, and that is that he believes that America, of which he supposedly represents, should be subservient to the rest of the world. Everything he has done as POTUS has led to this, from his anti-capitalist, economy destroting policies, to his most recent "spit-in-the-face" to America, his decision to put the 9/11 terrorists under civilian DOJ procedures and the American constitution. I can just see the ACLU lawyers lining up now to throw out their confessions and other evidence of discovery because their clients hadn't been "mirandized" or had search warrants. Osama Bin Laden must be laughing his ass off, watching the "Great Satan" destroy itself.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Oh man, you should watch something besides Glen Beck once in a while...like some real news.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:30 pm

lol.....yeh, like Stephen Colbert, or Jon Stewart.....or OMG.....Keith Olbermann and Rachael Maddow, those paragons of investigative journalism.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:40 pm

How about The NewsHour on PBS?
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:17 am

PBS? May as well get the news from Dailykos or the Huffington post....or even Drudge. I get my news from a variety of sources, both liberal and conservative. WSJ, LA Times, NY Times, Fox, of course, and occasionally CNN. I find I get a better perspective if I don't limit myself to one source. As far as CBS, ABC, or NBC.....Dan Rather and Brian Williams turned me off from them when they started "inventing" the news instead of reporting it. I must admit, I've pretty much turned into a news junkie here in the last coupla years. I subscribe to Investors Business Daily, Money Magazine, Time, and a variety of ladies mags my wife gets, such as Vogue....which I occasionally read. I know you think I'm ultra conservative, but I'm not. I am a social moderate, and a fiscal conservative. George Bush did some good things, and he did some really stupid things. Overall, as a POTUS, I would give him a "C". His best was national security....his worst was spending too much, and expanding government. The recession we're in right now started under his watch, and he had a big part in it, along with the congress. But Obama.....well, this man is scary, and with both houses of congress to back him, and the advisors that he has, which are admittedly Markist.....it's downright frightening. I spent 6 years in the military fighting Communism.....I never thought I'd have to fight it here, at home, under our own government. Rose, I know you don't believe it when I say that the country is on a bad course, but it is.....and it's gonna get worse, especially economically. This is no time to triple the national deficit, or expand government programs....hell, we can't even pay for the ones we have. We have become a debtor nation, and the countries that hold that debt have no good will towards us. The current administration is actively supporting those nations with it's attitude of "wealth redistribution" and it's reluctance to expand energy production. Investment is the lifeblood of a nation's economy, and energy is the fuel that allows it to be productive. Currently, we are 180 degrees opposite of where we should be, and it doesn't look like we are going to get any better. $4.00 a gallon gasoline helped get us where we are right now, with 10% unemployment (17% if you take the U6 instead of the U3 number). What do you think 6 or 7 dollars a gallon will do? Obama has enough people to know this that advise him, and if he ignores this, then there can only be one reason why he does.....he wants it to happen. This is the only way he can get his social agendas across. He is seeking one party domination, where people are dependent on that party for their monthly stipend, and thus will vote that party. It will be the final ruination of our country if it happens!
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:13 pm

I understand opposing points of view like being against any entitlement programs or any government "intervention". But you (and your "ilk" haha) take it too far - assigning sinister, true evil intentions to Obama (see above).

It's the same thing the left of lefties did to Bush 43. Imho you vilify actions of Obama and his administration that you would give a pass to for ANY Republican - no doubt you defended W and his administration's many abuses and seizing of excutive power. Prolly praised them even.

Therefore, your outrage loses all validity with me. You express any act past, present or future by a Democrat as TREASONOUS. You can't be taken seriously.

But go ahead, post another partisan BLOG link to make a point.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Nah, no sense in doing that. I won't encumber you anymore with my political thoughts or outlook. Time will give you that perspective.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Hey, feel free to encumber us. It's good to get as many different viewpoints on issues as possible - for me at least. I don't always agree, or have a comment, but I do like to know what you think.

That goes for everyone here. cool
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:23 pm

Thanks Bam, but as always, discussion of politics or religion always lead to tensions, and I know that's not why you created this site. I'll refrain from creating those tensions, and keep my thoughts in regards to these two subjects to myself.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:34 pm

I don't think it creates as much tension as you think, but it's obviously your choice.

I hope you won't keep your thoughts on all the other subjects to yourself. Like, for instance, this thread.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:44 pm

I didn't mean to come off as tense; I really am very fond of baldar despite being dismissive of his warnings that the sky is falling. So I, too, hope he continues to post about whatever.

I do so enjoy the non-political musing infinitely more, however. Except the ones in the guise of an apocalyptic story. I'd love to see more of that.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Hey, I like that story, and was just discussing with someone recently how likely or not that was as a reality. I don't think it's as far-fetched as you may think.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:54 pm

I think you misunderstood me or maybe think I was being sarcastic. I like baldar's story and would love to read more regardless of any political points he might intend.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:57 pm

I'll continue my story.....haven't written anything for a while. I write in spurts, usually late at night, and when the mood strikes me. Hopefully I'll finish it before the REAL apocalypse occurs (grin).
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:04 pm

content
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?   Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should a POTUS bow to a foreign leader?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: Don't Post Here-
Jump to: