NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A timeless quote.....for the times we live in

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Empty
PostSubject: A timeless quote.....for the times we live in   A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:53 pm

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly. But the traitor moves among those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the galleys, heard in the very hall of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor-he speaks in the accents familiar to his victims, and wears their face and their garment, and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation-he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city-he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared.......Cicero, 42 B.C.E.

Last edited by baldar77 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A timeless quote.....for the times we live in   A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 7:53 am

That Glen Beck has got to go!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: A timeless quote.....for the times we live in   A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:27 am

I have to agree with Cicero, but I think the subject title on this should be A Timeless Quote.
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: A timeless quote.....for the times we live in   A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:16 pm

I took your advice Bam....
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: A timeless quote.....for the times we live in   A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Rose wrote:
Now now Rose....I know you don't watch Glen Beck.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: A timeless quote.....for the times we live in   A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Another "timeless" quote....only much more recent......

"Freedom is but a fragile thing and never but one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance. It must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it only comes once to a people. Those who have known freedom and lost it have never known freedom again". President Ronald Reagan
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: A timeless quote.....for the times we live in   A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:51 pm

baldar77 wrote:
I took your advice Bam....

Sort of... but I'd have said "for all time".

More to the point, I don't think there's any more likelihood that it's happening here now than it was 1 year ago, 5 years ago, 20 years ago, etc.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: A timeless quote.....for the times we live in   A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:56 pm

baldar77 wrote:
Rose wrote:
Now now Rose....I know you don't watch Glen Beck.

No, but highlights of his near daily idiocy abound.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A timeless quote.....for the times we live in   A timeless quote.....for the times we live in Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A timeless quote.....for the times we live in
Page 1 of 1