NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imported from another board

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

Imported from another board - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:56 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:51 am

Hey, is it as good as you remember?

I've found watching some of my old favorites disappointing which left me wondering whether my standards use to be lower or if my tastes have altered over the years.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:41 pm

I know what you mean Sassaroo.....For some reason, Annette Funicello just doesn't look as hot in her Beach Bingo Blanket movies anymore.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
'Barely' Here... *Eyebrows*
Zvon

PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:47 pm

Sassenach wrote:
Hey, is it as good as you remember?

I've found watching some of my old favorites disappointing which left me wondering whether my standards use to be lower or if my tastes have altered over the years.

At first (after viewing #one) I thought oh, this isn't as fantastic as I remember it.
But after watching episode #two I was once again all caught up in Gambon's performance and all up in the wacky plot(s).
Yes, it is as fantastic as I remember.
It hasn't aged, like sometimes these things do.
Probably because of its constant shifting in place and time.

Gambon plays both the author who writes pulp detective novels and
the detective he created in one such story, The Singing Detective.

As it opens he is in the hospital suffering from a chronic and very painful skin disease.
At times he is just imagining segments of the book as a way to remove himself from the depressing surroundings
of the hospital ward, and at other times he is in such a feverish state he becomes delusional and begins to hallucinate.

It'll slide from the real life of the author into his story at any time, as well as fall into flashbacks of his life.
Sometimes these worlds overlap in his mind.

All in all it lays out the pieces to a very intricate and engaging puzzle which is the main characters life.

Funny thing is, I only saw the series the one time and I'm:
1) amazed at how much I remember--even if it's as scenes unfold.
2) equally amazed that a line from the show became one I have used a lot over the years since I saw it.
I forgot that was where I first heard this line.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:41 am

What's the line, pray tell?
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Zvon
'Barely' Here... *Eyebrows*
Zvon

PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:16 am

Bam wrote:
What's the line, pray tell?

Whenever I'm trying to make a point, I like to give the person I'm trying to make the point to a choice of agreeing or not.

I used to say, "Am I right or am I wrong?"

Ever since I saw The Singing Detective I say,

"Am I right, or am I right?"

And I always find that funny and sometimes people do too.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Manrace
Automatic Pot Stirrer
Hugh Manrace

PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Zvon wrote:

Imported from another board - Page 2 Singingdetective-MAINlabelONE

Holy crap! It's young Dumbledore!!
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:21 am

I didn't even catch that. I did just read that Gambon had another kid recently with a trophy wife.

Slight turn; I am really excited about the new Harry Movie coming out just in time for my birthday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Hugh Manrace
Automatic Pot Stirrer
Hugh Manrace

PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:57 pm

I hope they let 46 year olds in. It's not rated PG-47 is it?

Too bad they held it until Summer, just to make more money. I wanted to watch it back in November.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imported from another board   Imported from another board - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imported from another board
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2