NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In other news...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

In other news... Empty
PostSubject: In other news...   In other news... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:39 pm

....Nancy Pelosi has been exploring the possibility of trying to get a 4 day work week for federal government workers, to help alleviate the burdensome cost of high gasoline prices during their commute to work. I guess the rest of the country can just fuck off, and live with the burden, since she doesn't want to expand the supply of oil by domestic drilling. It's unclear at this time how the four day work week would be implemented.....would it still be an 8 hour day, or expanded to 10? Would federal employees get an extra 52 days off per year? Would their pay be reduced if this were the case? Would this be an extra 3 million guaranteed votes for the Democratic party if implemented? And would an extra 600,000 thousand people have to be hired to make up for and reduced services that a 4 day work week would entail? And will my taxes be raised to pay for all this so I can work some more overtime to sustain my lifestyle? Or should I just get a part-time job and put off retirement?
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

In other news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In other news...   In other news... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm

I've got a better suggestion to help our over-burdened public servants......just follow Obama's suggestion, and inflate their tires....maybe get a tune-up. Take any excess weight out of their trunk. This comprehensive energy policy of Barack's would certainly reduce consumption to the point that we would have energy independence.
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

In other news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In other news...   In other news... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:01 pm

My former employer offered the option of a 4 day workweek (ten hrs) but with all the overtime they required everyone worked 5 ten hour days plus half of Saturdays anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
baldar77

In other news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In other news...   In other news... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:12 pm

yuck!!!
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

In other news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In other news...   In other news... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:19 am

... except for payday
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Sponsored content

In other news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: In other news...   In other news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In other news...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: This 'n That 'n The Other-
Jump to: