NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's talk hair, girl(s)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Let's talk hair, girl(s) Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk hair, girl(s)   Let's talk hair, girl(s) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 am

I hate my hair. Because it's not my hair at all.

You know how hair is big thing to females. You go through stages wanting what you don't have (blonde/brunette/straight/curly/long/short), you go through styles, lengths and maybe even colors. And product. Lots and lots of product.

Then you mature, you accept what you have, you embrace it, in some ways you use it to help define who you are and what you can't change you accept as defining who you are, in a small way at least.

I have always had fine, straight as an arrow hair. No product invented could give me thick waves of curls.

So, bam, you know I cut it all off last year. Now it has grown out some, at least in the back. And it is CURLY. And not just wavy, there are ringlets. But it's not all ringlets...it's haywire, that's what it it. And just in the back, altho the front and sides are wavy. WTF? All my 44 years of experience in hair is out the window.

I am verklempt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair, girl(s)   Let's talk hair, girl(s) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:21 pm

And i bet you're still as sexy as ever!
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair, girl(s)   Let's talk hair, girl(s) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:31 pm

Let's just pretend I am so that I don't have to prove I'm not just to win a bet, lol.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair, girl(s)   Let's talk hair, girl(s) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 6:19 am

Why do I always feel outside the group? It doesn't matter which group, I never seem to fit in.

I have never really wished for different hair, though I wouldn't complain if my hair weren't as fine as it is. I've never had different styles, lengths and colors, except when I was 7 and my mother had it all cut off. Product? I don't use anything special at all. Cheap shampoo and conditioner, and a small bottle of hairspray every 2-3 months. Even that seems like too much trouble to me - lol.

I have always had fine, straight as an arrow hair that no product could change... and I've been happy with that for the most part. (Or I am just too lazy to try and do anything different.)

I think you should embrace the curliness, Sass. It sounds cool. The not-so-just-brushed look is pretty popular, so your hair must look really great. Your verklemptness should come from being overjoyed.
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Rose
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair, girl(s)   Let's talk hair, girl(s) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:31 am

Well then you should understand cause in the end we were in the same place - happy and accepting of what the good Lord gave us. (Oh yeah, my hair started turning white early but I considered that an improvement over my natural dirty blonde so no harm no foul.) Let me just say, DON'T cut it. I know you don't want to anyway but don't let anyone talk you into it.

So you never tried Sun In as a teen? No orange hair for you?
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair, girl(s)   Let's talk hair, girl(s) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:29 am

I don't intend to cut it... for at least awhile. I don't want to say never because that would be a jinx - lol.

No, I never tried Sun In. I did accidentally lighten the front (peroxide, trying to keep the acne away), but it turned kinda golden and looked not too bad.

My hair is naturally getting lighter as I age. It used to be so dark that it was nearly black and now I'd say it's about as light as you can get and still be considered dark brown. And I have the one gray hair, which I keep, because in my mind it proves to everyone that I don't dye - or why would I have one - lmao.
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk hair, girl(s)   Let's talk hair, girl(s) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk hair, girl(s)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: Don't Post Here-
Jump to: