NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Chronicles of Amber

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zvon
'Barely' Here... *Eyebrows*
Zvon

The Chronicles of Amber Empty
PostSubject: The Chronicles of Amber   The Chronicles of Amber Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:47 am

Im currently reading these (a collection of 10 books).
I hate typing so Ill just cut&paste this from Wikip:

In the Amber stories, Amber and the Courts of Chaos are the only two true worlds; all others, including our Earth, are but "shadows" of the tension between them. Royals of Amber who have negotiated the Pattern, and the equivalent Chaos nobility who have navigated the Logrus, can freely travel through the shadows and alter them, but they cannot alter Amber itself.

The first five books are narrated by Corwin , who wakes up in a hospital in New York from a coma with amnesia, escapes, tracks down his sister Florimel, and discovers that he is a scion of the ruling family of Amber. He is taken by Random to walk the Pattern, a labyrinth inscribed in the dungeons of Castle Amber which gives the multiverse its order. Walking the Pattern restores Corwin's memory and his powers to travel through shadow.

Nearly all of Corwin's relatives carry a deck of Tarot cards, with a key alteration: each family member is on one of the Trumps. Each Trump, when concentrated upon by another family member, allows instant communication across the dimensions, and if both parties are willing, instant travel. Travelling in this way requires trust—placing oneself temporarily at the mercy of the non-travelling host.

Its pretty kool, and and the info above recaps the first few chapters of book one (Nine Princes In Amber).

There are 5 books with Corwin and they wrap and then
there are 5 more books with Corwins son, Merlin as the central figure.

I usually don't go for these sword and sorcerer stuff but I like these books.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Amber   The Chronicles of Amber Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:12 pm

I've started reading Nine Princes in Amber and have enjoyed it so far. Hopefully, I'll have a little more time to read after the holidays.
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
Zvon
'Barely' Here... *Eyebrows*
Zvon

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Amber   The Chronicles of Amber Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 5:15 pm

I'm reading book 10 now.
I like how its wrapping up.
The last few books have come together nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Amber   The Chronicles of Amber Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chronicles of Amber
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING SPECIFIC :: Struggling against silence-
Jump to: