NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veteran's Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
baldar77

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:05 pm

Veteran's Day officially is tomorrow....Sunday....but the "holiday" will be Monday, giving government workers a day off from work. My question is, why does someone who is not a veteran get the day off, while I, as a veteran and a taxpayer, have to work to pay these workers their holiday pay?
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:13 pm

I would say being a veteran is a selfless act for love of country that is it's own reward....if you hadn't just made it clear you're not buying it. But well Thanks!

patriot
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
baldar77

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:19 pm

I was glad to serve. But there are people who actively chose not to, actually, refused to.....and sleep late tomorrow with pay that I help provide. I wasn't really griping about it.....just wondering why.
Back to top Go down
baldar77
baldar77

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:56 pm

You seemed a little miffed at the original post. Let me explain why I asked the question: I was watching the news in recap, and one of the main stories was that they were having a hard time finding state dept. people to go to iraq....they're actually refusing to go. These are the same people who helped get us into the mess we're in. I was thinking that these are the people who will celebrate veterans day with their families Monday, while the poor bastards who are over there will get no holiday....they'll still be on patrol, risking life and limb. It just seems a little upside down.
Back to top Go down
PatDaddy77
Artiste Extraordinaire
PatDaddy77

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 7:36 pm

that means no fucking mail on monday. I hate the post office. they get more holidays than anyone yet always bitch that they don't get the hook up enough. I should apply just so I can go postal.
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:07 pm

I wasn't miffed. Tho I guess it might read that way.

I bet a lot of the soldiers would like to refuse to go to Iraq. Or go back. To their 2nd or 3rd tour.

I bet enlistment is way down. And yet we beat the war drum for Iran.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
PatDaddy77
Artiste Extraordinaire
PatDaddy77

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 9:53 pm

I'm closer to siding with the hippes. canada sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 5:10 pm

patriot

Well, I know it's not much, but there are people out there, like me, who really do appreciate what the veterans have done for the country... and having a day set aside does help one remember to reflect on it a bit. I do get the day off, but only because my job doesn't start until Tuesday.

Thanks, Baldar. Veteran's Day Hardkiss

I bet Canada is nice this time of year, PD. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
PatDaddy77
Artiste Extraordinaire
PatDaddy77

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 5:16 pm

i'm only complaining about the post office. my father was retired military. 20 years in the air force. he built computer chips for bombs. a job that kept him home during vietnam. smart cookie he was.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 5:18 pm

I still think Canada would be nice this time of year.
Back to top Go down
PatDaddy77
Artiste Extraordinaire
PatDaddy77

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 5:21 pm

it gets cold there.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 5:23 pm

I like the cold... as long as I have the warm clothes and a nice place to go to warm up. It's especially nice if there's a special someone to heat things up.
Back to top Go down
PatDaddy77
Artiste Extraordinaire
PatDaddy77

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 5:25 pm

i don't like hot or cold. i'm luke warm.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 5:33 pm

Mmmmm... lukewarm. content
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Veteran's Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veteran's Day   Veteran's Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veteran's Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: Don't Post Here-
Jump to: