NOTHING TO SEE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Colbert Report

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zvon
'Barely' Here... *Eyebrows*
Zvon

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 11:35 pm

I finally forgive Comedy Central for using this time slot for anything but Tough Crowd with *sob* Colin Quinn (where the hell is he now?)

Maybe soon I will forgive Jon Stewart for his role in the shows assassination.
Back to top Go down
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
Rose

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 am

We were supposed to see Quinn in Chicago when we met up but his show was moved and they put Ralphie May on when we were there. suspicious

Quinn just deleted another myspace page. I think he might be bipolar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:56 am

I still haven't caught this yet.
Back to top Go down
http://bamsplace.com
ImShiny
Sexy Young God
ImShiny

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:15 pm

John Stewart does the Daily Show. Why would he have anything to do with the Colbert Report? Unless you're referring to how Colbert used to be on the daily show and now he has his own?
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:33 pm

It is widely held by Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn fans that Jon Stewart's lack of enthusiasm for the show helped in it's demise by Comedy Central.

And it's true that Stewart loves promoting the Colbert Report - he gives Colbert the last few minutes of almost every Daily Show - and never promoted TCWCQ. I think there were a lot of reasons TC got cancelled and doubt Jon had that much to do with it.

That said, The Daily Show is my one must see show. I'm a little in love with Jon Stewart.
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:03 pm

I haven't caught the Daily Show in about a year either. I've been seriously considering getting out from under this rock. lol
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Zvon

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Shiny, just for backround:
I met all these people here through a connection with Colin Quinns CC show Tough Crowd (TCwCQ).
It began at the Comedy Central (CC) forum for the show.

Even those who were not on board that early in the game would have to admit that without Tough Crowd,
I would not be on board here today.

Stewart's The Daily Show (TDS) spawned The Colbert Report (TCR).
Stephen Colbert's spots on TDS used to be my favorite.
That was TDS in its prime.
One of its primes, because I'm not trying to say it is past it's prime.

When Tough Crowd went down the Colbert Report wasn't even a twinkle in Stephen's pant leg.
Or maybe thats exactly what it was.
But it did not replace TCwCQ at that time.

But its a fact when TCwCQ was fighting to stay above water, to keep on keepin on when CC felt
they should pull the show and fill that time slot with what (until TCR came along) amounted to static,
it came down to Jon Stewart's desires.

He did not act alone.
There were a few gunmen.
But it was Stewart who fired the last and fatal shot to Colin Quinn's head.

Look, I have incontrovertible proof:

The Colbert Report CQassassination
Back to top Go down
Bam
The Stodgemeister
Bam

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:53 pm

I knew there was something about that guy I didn't like...
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Zvon

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:30 pm

Don't get me wrong.
I have nothing against Jon Stewart.
No more that I would have against,..lets say,..Lee Harvey Oswald.

You do what ya gotta do and then, if life throws you a frame, you make a picture to put in it.

I have no idea what I meant by that^.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Zvon

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:35 pm

I have to say though, these days, TDS,...I catch it when I can.
I kind of try.
Colbert is must see for me.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Rose

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 7:25 am

I almost the opposite. TDS is a must see but whenever I run across a Colbert clip online I check it out.

I tried Colbert in the beginning a few times but I've never watched the kind of show he is ripping on - like the O'Reilly's show - and I just didn't get into it.

Since then I've run across some hilarious stuff he has done....and if I had time to watch one more recorded show I'd prolly add it. But I barely get TDS in some weeks.
Back to top Go down
Zvon
Zvon

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:32 pm

Sassenach wrote:
I almost the opposite. TDS is a must see but whenever I run across a Colbert clip online I check it out.

I tried Colbert in the beginning a few times but I've never watched the kind of show he is ripping on - like the O'Reilly's show - and I just didn't get into it.

Since then I've run across some hilarious stuff he has done....and if I had time to watch one more recorded show I'd prolly add it. But I barely get TDS in some weeks.

I never spent any serious time watching O'Reilly or any of those type of shows.
But I'll catch all these shows at least once to check out the scene. Every time, every show, has had an agenda and it don't take too long to see that.

Colbert takes that fact and spins it to new comedic heights.
I think some of the people and groups he makes fun of don't even realize they are being made fun of.
He's brilliant in how he has developed this character he portrays for the show.

His first few shows he was very nervous, I think.
He wasn't his smooth self.
But within a few weeks he got comfortable in that drivers seat and has made that show my favorite late night fare.

TDS is still great, no doubt. Whenever I catch it I am never disappointed.
Woulda been kool if they went to an hour or 90 minutes and kept Colbert and Carell (with their own larger segments).
Would have been even kooler if the kept Tough Crowd, and the late night lineup could now be:
The Daily Show
The Colbert report
Tough Crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Colbert Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Colbert Report   The Colbert Report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Colbert Report
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING SPECIFIC :: What are YOU looking at?-